Posted to alt.home.repair
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Storm door Larson Tradewinds

"Tekkieİ" wrote in message

On Fri, 30 Apr 2021 15:48:53 -0400, Ed Pawlowski posted for all of us to
digest...

On 4/30/2021 3:15 PM, Thomas wrote:
On Thursday, April 29, 2021 at 4:38:44 PM UTC-4, Thomas Argo wrote:
On Thursday, April 29, 2021 at 2:35:06 PM UTC-4,
wrote:
On 4/29/21 2:23 PM, Thomas wrote:
Full view just installed.
Bought from Lowes.
Model 15604031e

Is there a way to keep it open other than a concrete block?
It has a unique..to me.. top hidden closer.
Nice door.

Check this YouTube video re this feature

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VXCVtlpdLw

"The Click&Hold? design hides inside the door and features a hold
open
catch & release, ensuring the door will be held place securely until
pulled shut."

Actual instructions start at 1:43 of the video.
Thanks a bunch for that. The screw in the top track was stripped and
just fell out.
I wrapped the set screw with nylon clothing thread, added gorilla glue
and allen wrenched it back in.
I will test it tomorrow. I looked hard for this so thank you again.
My fix did not work. New plan is to use a self tap and screw through
plastic piece into the upper track.
If that fails, back to a rock.

How old is the door? Warranty?

IIRC Larson doors have a lifetime warranty, your mileage may vary.

Trouble is that when it dies they tell you its reached the end of its life
time and then tell you to **** off.