Posted to uk.d-i-y
Algernon Goss-Custard Algernon Goss-Custard is offline

Default Multiple front door locks

Mike Halmarack posted
The main door of my flat has 2 yale type locks and a Mortice lock.
The mortice lock key is the only one I ever received.
It's only when the plumber came to do some work that I realised the
possible problem of having two potentially self locking devices on the
door with no key to open them from the outside.

How do you mean, "possible" problem? How do you get in at the moment
without having keys to the Yale latches?

How do I overcome this? Will a Locksmith be able to provide the means
of making these locks fully functional, with minimum cost and work
involved, or will a complete replacement be necessary?

If they are ordinary Yale locks you can buy replacements at B& Q for a
few quid. They are easy to fit yourself.

--
Algernon