Shorty Blackwell

Default Buying a much bigger house

lid wrote in message . ..

I tend to agree with your friend tho maybe not for all the same
reasons. Unless you need a larger house, I'd go for the smaller house
now. Your values / needs may change and the savings in the difference
in the extra payments may help pay for them.

Likewise, his values / needs may expand & he finds himself needing
that additional space. Better to have it then to have real estate &
moving fees etc. all over again. :-/

Also its no guarantee
houses will go up in value; they can go down in value.

Not if you care for them, and if the neighborhood is sound...right?

If you think
of a house as an investment (I don't any longer), I'd rather hedge my
bets and buy the smaller house and spread my money out in other
ventures.

OK, but I'd shy away from the stock market.