Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT - Smart meters and EDF Energy

Well, I actually want EDF to put one in and am still waiting. It seems dual
fuel installations have priority. I also need the talking terminal bit since
otherwise there is little point from my point of view. The main issue with
non sending of data applies to the gas part normally, Its powered by a
single cell battery, and it has to be changed regularly, and it seems the
timing of this has been cocked up for two main reasons. 1 Covid 19, and 2
many people moving energy companies and the change dates were lost.
It seems to me that this is a design flaw, why not make the bloody battery
user changeable?
Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"David" wrote in message
Tuesday.
I was called from a Manchester number by the usual Asian phone jockey.
To my surprise it was a genuine call.
My Smart meter had stopped sending data (allegedly) and an engineer needed
to call to reset the meter. 15 minute job including power off/on.
Tomorrow 1-5 OK?
Fine.

Wednesday morning.
Phone call from Manchester.
Due to unforeseen circumstances engineer can't call.
Reschedule?
Tomorrow 1-5 OK?
Fine.

Thursday morning.
{Just guess}

I declined a third appointment.

Had I been working and taking time off I would be incandescent.
Being retired I was just severely ****ed off.

So presumably they will have to estimate my usage based on previous
records.

I suspect that they will assume that I have used loads of energy until I
prove otherwise.

Another Smart meter Brucey bonus.

When I have the energy (see what I did there?) I will look at my account
on line and see if I can submit a meter reading.

No doubt this is saving both me and the energy provider a significant
amount of money to justify the cost of installing the meter.

Grumble.

Dave R