Posted to rec.woodworking
John Grossbohlin[_4_] John Grossbohlin[_4_] is offline

Default Splice together 2 x 4's for storage shed?

"Broke" wrote in message
groupdirect.com...

Hey he could be that broke. I am doing the very same thing. That's why I
am looking at this site. For your information a 2x4 stud is about $7.49 at
Lowes.

--
For full context, visit
https://www.homeownershub.com/woodwo...ed-171768-.htm

If there are enough 2x4 pieces perhaps making 4x4s out of them with
staggered butt joints and lots of nails and glue would work out.

I had a project one time that included scribing sleepers to an above grade
concrete floor. I had a lot of 8 foot long trimmings after doing that task.
I ended up jointing them, gluing them up, and then dimensioning them to
standard 2x4 dimensions. I had enough studs to frame an interior partition
wall. It didn't take long, I didn't have a lot of trash, and I ended up with
straighter more stable studs than I could buy. It was a nice diversion...