Posted to uk.d-i-y
David Wade[_2_] David Wade[_2_] is offline

Default NHS app and vaccination passport.

On 29/04/2021 15:03, Chris Green wrote:
Tim Streater wrote:
On 29 Apr 2021 at 14:03:56 BST, Andrew
wrote:

On 28/04/2021 17:10, GB wrote:
Heard on the news they're likely to use the NHS track and trace app as a
vaccine passport.

My phone is a Galaxy S4. Works just fine as a phone and camera and the
things I want a phone for. But too old for the NHS app - which was
presumably written by a pal of BoJo, given I can't see what's so special
about it that it needs the latest phones.

The NHS app uses a system that was jointly developed by Google and
Apple. It needs a minimum of Android 6. Which version does your phone have?

I use the mobile so little for outgoing calls I'm happy with PAYG. And BT
hotspot Wi-Fi access round London, for my parking app, etc.

If I do have to buy a new phone, what is going to be the best value? With
at least as good a camera.

You don't *need* a new phone. Staycationing is a great idea.

+1.

You don't need a vaccine passport, just like you don't need an
internet connection. It helps, and definately makes modern life easier,
but it is not essential.

I still have my vaccine passport as issued by WHO 50 years ago, with my Yellow
Fever etc jabs duly noted in it.

Yes, why can't we have something like that? It would have to be
updated a bit to make it more difficult to forge/fake but otherwise
should be OK.

At the moment I still don't understand how one's "vaccine passport"
(on a phone, or a piece of paper, or whatever) is going to be
validated. The old yellow fever (and other) ones were officially
stamped at the time one was vaccinated but there seems to be no
similar system to 'prove' one has been Covid-19 vaccinated.

Because they want something that can be read in the E-Gates so they
don't need a bloke or lady in an indoor hut....

Dave