Lenny Fackler

Default "Ditching" a realtor?

My realtor was a slick... We discussed FSBO situations, and he
requested that if I did find a FSBO house, to at least let him know.
Of course, he tried to convince me of the benefits of making the deal
through him.
One day a saw a fsbo house that I was sort of interested in but didn't
have time to follow through. I mentioned the house to my realtor.
The next day he calls, says to meet him at the house. Guess what,
it's no longer fsbo, his company's sign now rests in the yard.
It turns out this was something he did often.

"John R Weiss" wrote in message t...
"dm" wrote...
I've been working with a realtor over the last several
months. Although I have had no luck in striking a deal
(a couple of "almosts") so far, I really like her and
she has been very helpful. We've gone out 8-10 times
looking at houses, so her investment is significant.

However, I have found a FSBO that I really like, and am
considering making an offer. I feel horrible about it,
almost to the point where I hope they would reject it.

Virtually the same thing happened to me 22 years ago. I bought the FSBO, and
let the realtor know what I was doing, and why.

I had 3 deals fall through while working with her, and was about to buy a house
I really didn't want because I thought it was the only one in town I could
afford. My wife & I found the FSBO while looking at other open houses one day.

I'm sure the realtor wasn't entirely happy, but she did understand...