Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris Green Chris Green is offline

Default NHS app and vaccination passport.

Tim+ wrote:
Chris Green wrote:
%% wrote:

Given that Covid-19 inoculations may be given by different
organisations will they really all be recorded in one, accessible,
place?

No reason why that can't be done as with driver's licenses and passports.

No reason it *can't* be done, no, but *has* it been done?

The old yellow fever (and other) ones were officially stamped
at the time one was vaccinated but there seems to be no
similar system to 'prove' one has been Covid-19 vaccinated.

Thats what the electronic vaccine passport does.

No one 'offically stamped' anything that I was aware of when I got my
Covid-19 inoculation. Maybe they did but the checking of identity
wasn't very rigorous, nothing like the requirements for a passport.

Again, that can be changed.

Yes, but my question was how is this going to work *now* as everyone
seems to think is possible sort of instantly?

Well, my GP was able to look up on his computer to see what vaccine Id had
and when so clearly the data is all being held on NHS computers somewhere
central as I didnt have my first dose at my GPs.

I dare say it wouldnt be too hard to make an app that could look up this
info.

It still depends on 'me' proving the app is on 'my' phone. This is
the bit that I don't understand really (though I'm not totally
convinced that the NHS records are so securely related to a particular
person).

How do you guarantee that the mobile phone that has the 'inoculation
passport' on it is that of the person whose NHS record says that they
have been inoculated? It's not like a passport which has a picture of
'me' in it. I can own lots of mobile phones, I can transfer them to
other people, I can change the fingerprint that unlocks them, mobile
phones are *not* locked for ever to their current owners.

--
Chris Green
ยท