Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

Default OT opening an Excel document stored on Google Drive

On 29/04/2021 17:59, Murmansk wrote:

Is she unable to download them to her PC from Google Drive?

Well I'd imagine she could but I think what we need is to be able to go File, Open in Excel and choose a file that's stored in Drive in the cloud somewhere just like you would if it was stored locally on the hard drive.

This is mad! In the Google Drive page in her browser, right click on the
file and select the download option.

Her browser will show her when it's downloaded, and then she left clicks
it to open it in excel.

It's really not that hard.

Or, as Adrian says, replicate the google drive on her PC, but she'll
still need to be able to do something really, really taxing, like
navigating to the right folder.

The other trouble with that is that the sync software from google is not
that easy to set up, and she'll probably (almost certainly, actually)
end up copying all her personal documents onto the company google drive.

Honestly, just Right click ... download ... left click. It's foolproof.
Write it on a post it note.