Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim+[_5_] Tim+[_5_] is offline

Default OT - Smart meters and EDF Energy

David wrote:
Tuesday.
I was called from a Manchester number by the usual Asian phone jockey.
To my surprise it was a genuine call.
My Smart meter had stopped sending data (allegedly) and an engineer needed
to call to reset the meter. 15 minute job including power off/on.
Tomorrow 1-5 OK?
Fine.

Wednesday morning.
Phone call from Manchester.
Due to unforeseen circumstances engineer can't call.
Reschedule?
Tomorrow 1-5 OK?
Fine.

Thursday morning.
{Just guess}

I declined a third appointment.

Had I been working and taking time off I would be incandescent.
Being retired I was just severely ****ed off.

So presumably they will have to estimate my usage based on previous
records.

I read somewhere that smart meters store 13 months worth of half hourly
data. Mine stopped uploading data back in January. Still waiting for
someone to sort it.

Anyhow, in theory all your consumption data will still be available.

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls