Posted to uk.d-i-y
Fredxx[_4_] Fredxx[_4_] is offline

Default PC Power supply

On 29/04/2021 16:40, pinnerite wrote:
The power supply in my home build low profile HTPC has become very
noisy.

It is a Zalman ZM500-GT 500W and very good until recently.

I want to replace it with a low noise job but do not want to spend
more than I need to. Very few of those advertised on the Internet
quote how many dbs to expect.

Does anyone have any knowledge of what might be a good choice?

TIA

Of you go for one of the more efficient ones they tend to only spin the
fan at speed when pulling power close to spec's power budget.

I went for Gold and can hardly hear mine. I've now had mine 2 years and
it's already obsolete. They're not cheap but since I run mine 24/7 can
justify the cost.