Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT - Smart meters and EDF Energy

On 29/04/2021 15:22, David wrote:
Tuesday.
I was called from a Manchester number by the usual Asian phone jockey.
To my surprise it was a genuine call.
My Smart meter had stopped sending data (allegedly) and an engineer needed
to call to reset the meter. 15 minute job including power off/on.
Tomorrow 1-5 OK?
Fine.

Wednesday morning.
Phone call from Manchester.
Due to unforeseen circumstances engineer can't call.
Reschedule?
Tomorrow 1-5 OK?
Fine.

Thursday morning.
{Just guess}

I declined a third appointment.

Had I been working and taking time off I would be incandescent.
Being retired I was just severely ****ed off.

I fully agree about taking time off (last time I insisted on a weekend
appointment, as I am an hourly paid contractor and time off is
expensive). As you were not losing pay though, you should have kept on
with this - you can claim £30 off them for each appointment missed or
cancelled with less than a day's notice! They already owe you £60.