Josh

Default Installing Ceiling Fan with Red wire on electrical box.

to Wade, Richard, Robert

thank you very much for the time you spent in replying to my query.

Actually, it is now working with the same set-up that I wrote over the
message board. The only difference was by attaching the blades (LOL).
(*sigh) I assumed by connecting just the wires you can test if the
motor will work. Well... it did not work. I decided to attach the
blades and lo and behold it is working!

But that doesn't mean I did not learn on what you guys has just
posted. It confirmed on what I knew and added more based on your
suggestions and insights. Again, thank you very much.

josh green