Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default Finger twitching nervousness

On Wed, 28 Apr 2021 21:00:44 +0100, gareth evans
wrote:

On 28/04/2021 16:02, #Paul wrote:
gareth evans wrote:
This W10 new desktop facility is really getting on my tits,
[...]
Surely there must be some way of disabling this unwanted
and unnecessary facility??????????????????????

Install linux? :-)

... well, somebody had to suggest it...

I'd already said in another life that I'm getting more and
more ****ed-off with Microsoft that the next PC I go for will
be Linuxy

Before you commit in any way you can run Linux on your existing PC
from a DVD or USB drive and start to get a feel for it?

Whilst I have a few Linux only machines, I also have it dual boot
(with Windows) on some and on a couple on external / USB drive. If you
stick it on a 64G SSD in a USB3 external enclosure and in a USB3 port
on a PC / laptop it runs pretty quickly. Once finished you unplug it,
reboot and your PC is back as it was. ;-)

It is a good idea to have such a solution handy in any case, Linux
Mint is pretty good and user friendly.

https://linuxmint.com/

Cheers, T i m