Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Finger twitching nervousness

"gareth evans" wrote in message
On 28/04/2021 16:18, Robin wrote:
On 28/04/2021 12:45, gareth evans wrote:
This W10 new desktop facility is really getting on my tits,
almost more so than the Amazon fiasco (qv).

I almost don't dare to touch the mouse pad lest the display
all disappears up into the top left corner with icons for
each open program.

This is * B L O O D Y * annoying.

Surely there must be some way of disabling this unwanted
and unnecessary facility??????????????????????

If you mean Task View, might you have the Task View button on the
taskbar and be clicking that accidentally? If so you can get rid of it
by right clicking the icon and unticking Task View in the menu.

https://appuals.com/how-to-disable-t...on-windows-10/

No. I know all about that and the Windows+tab to get it.

I've tried 3 and 4 finger swiping, left, right, up, down and
diagonally and can't trigger it, so what triggers it leaves me
mystified.

Perhaps it's something to do with a 7, nearly 8, year old laptop?

Quite likely. Most likely the touchpad cant do fancy stuff like 3/4 finger
swipes.