Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Tidy?

"T i m" wrote in message
On Wed, 28 Apr 2021 12:32:00 +0100, Tim Lamb
wrote:

snip

Complete fact, as you have since been told by someone who knows (a
farmer).

snip

Sorry for bursting your bubble.

I don't think there is disagreement here Fred. The Wiki article is North
American based but points to surplus kills in both intended and *frenzy*
attacks. Mink are said to do it here and I have seen dead Mallards laid
out in a row.

It's as if they have never experienced the real world and it's obvious
they haven't actually lived 'in the country' (as you have / do) and so
base their understanding of everything on what happened to some bloke
in the pub. ;-(

Even a domestic dog will collect and bury a treats if they don't want
to eat them straight away, strange to us when no one is going to take
them away. They will also 'frenzy' kill rats but not eat any of them,
or eat all of them, given time / hunger. However, whilst they may gain
some adrenalin from 'the chase',

Its more complicated than that with domestic dogs doing over a flock of
sheep.

they don't get 'pleasure' from the actual kill

Bull****.

(it's simply instinct), in the same way as most abattoir
workers don't, versus most trophy hunters who do.

Utterly mangled all over again.

Most animals do have the range of taste buds that we do
(just as well when you see the stuff they sometimes eat)
so it's really only us who choose to kill and eat animal flesh,
just because we like the taste (and why we don't
eat many species, especially raw).

Utterly mangled all over again.

Or take the killer whale. It will both straight kill and eat a seal
or 'play with it' (in just the same way a domestic cat might
with a mouse or bird), maybe not even killing or eating it
itself afterwards, especially when training it's young to hunt.

I saw some footage the other day when a wild pig walked accidentally
straight past a pride of sleeping lions (that had recently eaten) and
it was all they could be bothered to do to look up and watch it (it
scared the cr*p out of the pig though). ;-)

Raven work with wolves (who could easily predate on them)
to indicate a carcass so that the wolves rip it open allowing
the raven to eat easier (and store some food for later). The raven
are also known to play with the wolf cubs and even befriend them.

reams of your troll**** flushed where it belongs