Default Buying a much bigger house

(D. Gerasimatos) wrote in message news:bg407t$2eq7

a mere two clicks away from any other entitlement minded welfare
person.

As opposed to most homeowners who are...?

who are average ~

The average guy that buys an average house financed with an average
income is under some stress to meet his payment schedule. All I'm
saying is if one is fortunate enough to enjoy a higher than average
income, there is no reason to take on an uncomforable payment. I
personally know several multi-millionaires and none of them live in a
$800K house for which they could easily pay cash for.

While its sad to see an average family fall into foreclosure, it is
damn funny when the $1,000,000 homes are in default.

"The Millionaire Next Door" illustrates well the fact that wealthy
folks do not generally live in the most expensive homes. This task is
left to the lower income fools who wish to appear to be what they are
not. The book tracks well on my own observations, its a pretty good
*read* ~ check it out at your library.

The guy who strains to buy a big big house is the same guy that
started smoking at age 13 to appear *grown up*. If you happen to
believe in "life after this life" you realize its not about what we
have, its about who we are.

Poor people imitating rich people ... yum yum yummy. This is the
exact mindset that keeps the foreclosure business humming.

Unfortunately for the foreclosure business, very few homes are ever
foreclosed upon. Isn't the number around 1%?

If you abstract titles on the homes on the street where you live you
will likely find many of your neighbors homes were once in default.
Perhaps your 1% figure is ballpark per year but over time many many
homes fall into default. There are over 100 defaults per week
currently filed in my county which has a population of say 750,000.

Back when I employed $$$ partners, we snagged a 10,000 square foot
castle for one partner and an 8,000 sq ft home on 6 acres for the
other partner. If you are patient, you can acquire foreclosure homes
in about any neighborhood you want.