Posted to uk.d-i-y
Max Demian Max Demian is offline

Default Dimming an LED

On 28/04/2021 11:58, NY wrote:
"Tim+" wrote in message

Until they can make the colour temperature of LEDs drop as they dim, Ive
decided Im going to just avoid using dimmers with LEDs as the just look
ghastly as the dim IMO.

Why would you want the colour temperature of an LED to drop as it is
dimmed? I know it is an unavoidable side-effect of dimming a tungsten
bulb, but I don't see why you would want it to happen unless you
couldn't avoid it. I like the fact that LEDs keep the same colour as
they dim. I just wish LED bulbs could be dimmed further: most bulbs (eg
Philips Hue) have a minimum brightness below which they go out
altogether. It makes them less useful as a very dim night light.

It's hard to tell if an LED torch battery is getting flat as they just
get dimmer without the tell tale yellow effect.

--
Max Demian