Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

Default NHS app and vaccination passport.

Heard on the news they're likely to use the NHS track and trace app as a
vaccine passport.

My phone is a Galaxy S4. Works just fine as a phone and camera and the
things I want a phone for. But too old for the NHS app - which was
presumably written by a pal of BoJo, given I can't see what's so special
about it that it needs the latest phones.

The NHS app uses a system that was jointly developed by Google and
Apple. It needs a minimum of Android 6. Which version does your phone have?

I use the mobile so little for outgoing calls I'm happy with PAYG. And BT
hotspot Wi-Fi access round London, for my parking app, etc.

If I do have to buy a new phone, what is going to be the best value? With
at least as good a camera.

You don't *need* a new phone. Staycationing is a great idea.

Having said that, I'm pleased with my Motorola.