Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim Lamb[_2_] Tim Lamb[_2_] is offline

Default Tidy?

In message , Fredxx
writes
On 28/04/2021 08:46, T i m wrote:
On Tue, 27 Apr 2021 20:48:40 -0000 (UTC), Radio Man
wrote:
snip
Foxes and many other animals are 'opportunistic hunters / scavengers
and will often kill / collect what they can and hide / bury some of it
to consume later.

Utter BS.

Complete fact, as you have since been told by someone who knows (a
farmer).

Anyone who has had their chicken coup raided by a fox will tell you
otherwise.

What, that many animals are opportunistic hunters and will often
take
any 'surplus' kills and bury them for later? Nope, 100% fact.

Once again facts are hard for you to stomach. While some here are
correct that foxes do bury their kills, that would depend on many
things. But it is a well known fact that foxes kill more than they eat:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Surplus_killing

Sorry for bursting your bubble.

I don't think there is disagreement here Fred. The Wiki article is North
American based but points to surplus kills in both intended and *frenzy*
attacks. Mink are said to do it here and I have seen dead Mallards laid
out in a row.

--
Tim Lamb