Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Dimming an LED

Tim+ wrote:

Until they can make the colour temperature of LEDs drop as they dim, Ive
decided Im going to just avoid using dimmers with LEDs as the just look
ghastly as the dim IMO.

Plenty of lamps now use both cold and warm LEDs, and can smoothly change
colour temperature (e.g the ikea ones between 2200 and 4000K)

Controlling those from a "hub" I can have a wake-up routine that fades
up the brightness and colour temperature together.

I'd be surprised if someone doesn't make a lamp that does the same by
itself...