Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] hubops@ccanoemail.ca is offline

Default OT ish Toro WheelHorse 520H mower deck installation

On Tue, 27 Apr 2021 18:15:47 -0700 (PDT), Dean Hoffman
wrote:

On Tuesday, April 27, 2021 at 8:04:05 PM UTC-5, wrote:
On Tue, 27 Apr 2021 17:35:28 -0700 (PDT), Dean Hoffman
wrote:

On Tuesday, April 27, 2021 at 6:51:37 PM UTC-5, wrote:
Hi all - I've been having a terrible time re-installing my 48
inch side discharge deck after removal for maintenance.
It invariably becomes a curse-fest. I feel like I must be missing
some little helpful trick. Anyone here with experience with this
line of lawn tractors ? Mine is 1990-91 but they were much the
same from mid-1980s to - mid or late 1990s.
I have the Owners Manual for the tractor - it says to refer to
the attachment's manual for details .. which I don't have.
The trouble is in aligning the deck's "Quick Attach" bar after
hanging the deck on the raise-lower pin - I needed a neighbour's
help today. Yes - the deck hydro-control is lowered completely ;
When I first bought the tractor, I tried attaching the Quick-Attach
first - but it made hanging the deck onto the raise-lower pin
impossible. - Again - maybe there is some trick that I haven't yet
figured out ..
I'm going to youtube to search for some help - but I thought
I'd also try here.
I once used a YahooGroup for vintage WheelHorse
but I think it's dead now
Thanks. John T.

In case my search ended up differently than yours:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K45NF4It-gc
I didn't bother watching.

Thanks Dean - much appreciated -
- the video didn't answer my question - but it gave me
some hints about my troubles. My deck attachment is
identical to this video's model. but - big but -
there's no way to lower my deck-height-pin to
simply slide into the deck bar - on level ground -
- my lift pin is ~ 4 inches above that .. at its lowest.

ps: I got rabbit-holed by the 6 minute 1991 adverts
and the rebuild & carb jobs on youtube ..
it's amazing what's out there !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3h2Qwr16g8

Again - thanks for your help.
Regards ; John T.

Remove front wheels?

Front wheels are not involved. in my problem.
If I could lower my lift-pin another 4 inches -
like the video - I think the Quick Attach would
attach quickly ! ... but then I would be mowing
golf greens ...
John T.