Posted to rec.woodworking
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Finish for window sill

On Monday, April 26, 2021 at 10:19:31 PM UTC-4, Markem618 wrote:
On Mon, 26 Apr 2021 21:05:25 -0400, wrote:

On Mon, 26 Apr 2021 06:28:34 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03
wrote:

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Tuftex-SeaC...-Panel/3010589

I read/heard about critters, bees, etc. but I decided to go for it anyway.
For a number of years I had it partially roofed (ceilinged, I guess) with
semi-transparent corrugated fiberglass panels and when I took them
down there was no indication of unwanted guests. I get nests behind
my shutters and in a few other places, so I know I have wasps, but the
under-deck panels haven't ever been a problem.

I need 12' to simplify things but that doesn't look like a problem. I
was thinking about steel or fiberglass but PVC may be lighter. This
looks like a possibility too. Clear would allow me to see the
critters under there. We have squirrels making a nest in our gas
grill (hasn't been used in years) now. I wouldn't want them under
there.

Pvc can be heavy, could try Polycarbonate Twinwall if you want some
what clear.
https://www.lowes.com/pd/Tuftex-Poly...-Panel/3043807

PVC *can* be heavy, but these panels aren't. The 2.2' x 8' panels I used were
something like 4 lbs each.

The only reason I needed SWMBO's help mounting them was because they
are so flexible, especially while trying to hold them up to underside of the
joists.

Weight was definitely not an issue.