Posted to rec.woodworking
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default how to unlock a locked Jorgensen clamp

On Tuesday, April 27, 2021 at 12:01:00 PM UTC-4, Leon wrote:
On 4/26/2021 5:15 PM, Paul wrote:
I was having this issue and this thread helped me to get the unstuck by
slamming them against the floor. Once I got them unstuck, I sprayed
Glide Cote on them, and they no longer stick. Will see how long that last.

Mine only stick if I let them slam shut. Don't let them slide/slam shut
on their own.

And keep the screw handle mid point in the travel so that you can loosen.

The same basic rule applies to gate style water shutoffs. Open them fully,
and then close them by at least a 1/8 turn. Leave yourself a little wiggle room
in case the innards get corroded and it won't turn towards close.