Posted to rec.woodworking

Default mold on raw wood

I have not had a lot of storage space, and what I have is not
weather tight. I live in the North West, we have the warm rainy
season, the cold rainy season, and the two weeks of sunshine.

So I have mold & mildew on boards. Some of which are Real
Boards(tm) from a lumber yard with the smooth faces. Some are rough
cut "exotic pallet wood" still with saw marks, and a few are from logs
which got slabbed and set aside to finish 'curing'.

The raw slabs I figure will clean up enough as I prepare them,
same for the palletwood. But the Real Boards are the concern, as I'm
not likely to scrape or plaine them before they get used.

Suggestions for what works for removing mildew from boards?
I suspect that I can't just "clean it off", expect to "get it
all", and not have it grow back. Any finishes to prevent regrowth? Or
at least seal it in?
--
pyotr filipivich
"Well, Art is Art, isn't it? Still, on the other hand,