Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Regarding charging (batteries, not customers)

In article ,
Max Demian wrote:
On 26/04/2021 23:11, williamwright wrote:
On 26/04/2021 17:47, charles wrote:

It's thirty years old! Electronics wasn't invented!
some was - otherwise you wouldn't have been able to watch the telly

It was a joke!

Actually, before about 1980, it might as well have been true as the only
electronics that most cars had was the radio. I suppose manufacturers
were worried about vibration, damp and temperature changes. I think
electronic ignition was about the first to come in.

Not really. Alternators became the norm when power transistors became
affordable. Over a decade earlier than 1980. And electronic ignition. Of
course such things started first on more expensive cars and spread
downwards.

Car mechanics have had many many years to come to terms with things going
electronic rather than mechanical, but most have chosen not to learn about
them.

--
*He who laughs last has just realised the joke.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.