Posted to rec.woodworking

Default what's the opposite of "Obtainium"?

On Mon, 26 Apr 2021 21:22:26 -0400, wrote:

I had a '70 AMC Gremlin. That really should have been Car of the
year. They made more money on parts than the car. It _had_ to be
profitable.

I had a couple friends with AMC cars - they seemed to have the
weirdest things break - a Gremlin was the only case that I have ever
heard of a seat breaking - drivers seat-back - the car wasn't
abused and no extra-large drivers. The rolling greenhouse Pacer
was said to be a nightmare for getting parts - mid year model
changes & a parts/supply chain that couldn't cope ..

I don't remember which car it was (probably the Gremlin) but I had a
seat back break too. It was a 2-door so the front seat tilted
forward. There was a sheet metal part of the seat that blocked a pin
on the bottom frame sheet metal. The pin bent the metal and... Of
course the parts were part of the seat and couldn't be replaced
without replacing the seat. It was 40+ years ago and I can't remember
how I got by.