Josh

Default Installing Ceiling Fan with Red wire on electrical box.

PS: i post this today but don't know where did it go. please bear with
me if i posted it twice to one of the groups. josh green

*********
greetings.

i know this might be so simple to you but for me, any help is
really-really appreciated.

OK. this is the scenario:

my objective is to successfully install and make work the ceiling fan.

the ceiling fan that i bought doesn't have any lights and no remote
control. so, i bought a remote control.

the electrical box in the ceiling has four wire colors which a red,
white, black and copper.

my new remote control has ("IN" to electrical box in the ceiling)
green, blue, white, black. the "OUT" (going to the ceiling fan) has
only two colors which are white and black.

my new celing fan has (to be connected to the OUT of the remote
control) four colors - white, black, green and blue.

Initially, i nutwire the red wire in electrical box (since there are
no other red wire). connect the copper to the green, connect the black
(of electrical box) to black of IN-remote and white (of electrical
box) to white of IN-remote.

Then, connect the white OUT-remote to white of the ceiling fan, black
of OUT-remote to black of ceiling fan.

since there is no light, i didn't use the blue wire of ceiling fan and
the blue wire of remote control.

it is not working. i remove the remote the do the same. Still, it did
not work.

can somebody share some knowledge of what i did wrong and tell me on
how to do it right?

thanks very much.
Josh