Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Elbow Grease - weird rash

Brian Gaff (Sofa) wrote

Would you not expect it to be all gone in the rinse stage though?

Nope, particularly with the whiter than white detergents.
They work by leaving fluorescents on the washed clothes.

If not you are replacing one sort of muck with another sort of muck called
washing powder.

Yes, but that’s what makes it whiter than white.

I use those balls of liquid now, much less mess and then use slightly
diluted comfort. This seems not to cause any issues.

The only issue I ever have and it’s a massive problem is that
the dark blue T shirts I wear all year round show soap scum.
Never visible on anything else for some odd reason.

"R D S" wrote in message

As a kid, I had a rash. Turned out to be due to the washing powder my
mother used. So I'd guess a reaction to certain detergents not unusual.

My skin is fussy as to what we wash clothes with.