Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Elbow Grease - weird rash

On 26/04/2021 21:02, Brian Gaff (Sofa) wrote:
Would you not expect it to be all gone in the rinse stage though? If not you
are replacing one sort of muck with another sort of muck called washing
powder. I use those balls of liquid now, much less mess and then use
slightly diluted comfort. This seems not to cause any issues.
Brian

Unfortunately the performance standards for washing machines only
include electricity used per cycle, water used per cycle and how clean
the clothes get - and this is tested on an Eco cycle that takes so long
that you will never use it, unless you are going to leave it running
overnight (our new machine takes 4-1/2 hours or more on that setting).

There is no assessment of how well the clothes are rinsed and so
manufacturers use the minimum amount of water and rinses that they can
get away with.

Even our old machine would throw soapy water on the glass door during
the final spin and leave a pool of bubbly water in the door seal.