Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Moving wood bundles

On Mon, 26 Apr 2021 13:02:17 -0200, dan wrote:

On Sun, 25 Apr 2021 18:56:43 -0400, Dan Espen wrote:

I have one of those lopper trimmers, cutting off all the side branches takes some
time but isn't impossible.

You seem to understand that they need easy access within 3 feet of a roadway
but that GETTING the wood to there is the hard part in some areas.

I wore out three pairs of leather gloves working on this one project alone!

They're coming very soon (I have a period of three days they can come) so I
worked all weekend on it. I could show pictures but you know pretty much
what it's like to drag, push, trundle, gather, and carry wood hundreds of
feet.

The rope trick is what's working best given how craggy the wood is (it's
entire small dead trees). The logs aren't as susceptible to sticking
together like a mass of velcro as the bushes and brush is though so I used
the wheelbarrow for the logs (it can handle six foot logs).

For the vines of poison ivy I had to use the loppers because they won't take
the stuff nor will they take common weeds with seeds like many brooms. For
the vines I had to lop them to fit in the green landscape garbage bins but
they're not supposed to take them either (nobody wants them).

I also found an old 1977 quarter. How much do you think it's worth? ;-/
(Maybe I can buy a pair of 1977 leather gloves for that much?) ;-0

How close can you get a truck? I have had great luck hooking a long
rope to things like this and dragging them out. It is best to use a
chain to wrap the logs with tho. It won't wear out dragging along the
ground.
After Irma I dragged all of this up to the curb.

http://gfretwell.com/ftp/Tree%20on%20the%20curb.jpg