Posted to alt.home.repair
Wade Garrett Wade Garrett is offline

Default Lawnmower rope easy to pull

On 4/26/21 9:17 AM, TimR wrote:
I bought a Honda. We will see how long it lasts - might outlast me, given my years. grin

The manual says use no more than 10% ethanol. So I'll keep with the ethanol free, even though it's a half hour drive to the only nearby gas station.

It has a gas line cut off so you can run the engine dry without draining the tank. Seems like a good feature that couldn't have added much cost.

The self propelled feature is pretty complicated. If anything goes on this it will be that.

Many years back, I sold the Honda self-propelled mower that I had been
using for at least a dozen years in the South (i.e., lengthy grass
cutting season).

I got just over half of what I had paid the Home Depot for it when it
was new. Sold it on Craigslist to a landscaper who said he had several
and they ran forever.

There was absolutely nothing wrong with it. I did the required annual
maintenance myself so I know it was in fact done- and done right. The
only extra work it ever needed was to clean gunk out of the carburetor
bowl and jets- and replace the tires which had hardened and started to wear.

--
Why is it that the people who want more government control over your
life are the same ones who want you to be disarmed?