Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default OT: Car battery volt drop

On Mon, 26 Apr 2021 14:03:25 +0100, "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

snip

You don't need a gauge. Just a calender.

Or solar panel. ;-)

Pretty well everyone knows a
battery goes flat in not that long when left connected in the car.

Depending on the car. We didn't use the Meriva for a good few months
and it started fine. The 407 that daughter bought cheap wouldn't
restart after being left for 5 days. We fitted a new battery on it and
it's been fine ever since (and this is in the lockdown). I tested the
old one and it was ok for one test cycle then failed on the second
(one cell short I think).

Mate with a motorhome which is obviously not used as often as a car can
see the battery state via his phone.

I did have such (badged Accutire) on a motorbike but it's off (beside
me) atm.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Accutire-MS.../dp/B00X1MMNIG

IIRC, it also sends him a warning
when getting low.

I think I disconnected it before mine did (I'll have to stick another
CR2032 in it, hook it up again and check it out).. ;-)

Cheers, T i m