Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Elbow Grease - weird rash

On 26/04/2021 11:40, Nick Odell wrote:
On Mon, 26 Apr 2021 10:23:32 +0100, Harry Bloomfield, Esq.
wrote:

For several months now, I have had an ongoing itchy rash on the back of
both hands, close to the area of my thumbs. For quite a while, I have
been racking my brain trying to work out what might be causing it. My
best guess was washing up, but I have always done at least my share of
that. Then I realised the rash appeared when we swapped from Fairy, to
Elbow Grease liquid - as it seemed to be just as good and a little
cheaper.

On Thursday in the interests of experimentation, I picked up a 2L
bottle of Fairy and have used that in the days since then (SWMBO is
away). The rash now seems to have almost gone.

I've not tried Elbow Grease but having tried lots of other major
brands and supermarket own-brands I've always come back to Fairy for
better bang for the buck. It keeps my hands soft and gentle too!

Skin is funny stuff. EQDSO struggles to find a soap that doesn't bring
her hands up in a rash and having tried all the Simple, Pure, Organic
etc etc varieties we have found that one particular supermarket's
own-brand cheapest is kindest. Better even than their own-brand "Pure"
variety.

Dove or Pears pure translucent soap are probably amongst the most
tolerable depending on the exact allergy. My wife is allergic to lanolin
so we have to be very careful with choice of soap and handcream.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown