Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andrew[_22_] Andrew[_22_] is offline

Default Regarding charging (batteries, not customers)

On 26/04/2021 08:59, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
williamwright formulated on Sunday :
What appears to be leakage from the vehicle battery is just meter
error I think.

If it is a modern vehicle, it will have various circuits which need some
small amount of power to maintain its systems. My cars various computer
systems, once fully into sleep mode, draw around 20mA. Even that 20mA
pulse higher, when the alarm system has a 'quick look around'. Only
older cars had no discharge at all, when parked, unless they had alarm
systems.

I could leave my 1998 Astra F estate (petrol), with a factory
immobiliser (that shoed a slow blinking red led on the dash)
for 7 weeks and it would start without an issue.

My current Astra H (59 reg) handbook says disconnect battery
if vehicle is to be lft for more than 3 weeks unused. Seems
a bit OTT to me.