Posted to uk.d-i-y
jon jon is offline

Default Elbow Grease - weird rash

On Mon, 26 Apr 2021 10:23:32 +0100, Harry Bloomfield, Esq. wrote:

For several months now, I have had an ongoing itchy rash on the back of
both hands, close to the area of my thumbs. For quite a while, I have
been racking my brain trying to work out what might be causing it. My
best guess was washing up, but I have always done at least my share of
that. Then I realised the rash appeared when we swapped from Fairy, to
Elbow Grease liquid - as it seemed to be just as good and a little
cheaper.

On Thursday in the interests of experimentation, I picked up a 2L bottle
of Fairy and have used that in the days since then (SWMBO is away). The
rash now seems to have almost gone.

A work colleague, many years ago got Quix washing up liquid into his blood
stream through a wound on his hand, whilst working on his Lambretta. It
manifested itself by causing a band of dermatitis about 4" wide that
travelled up and down his body for the next couple of years.