Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT: Car battery volt drop

In article ,
alan_m wrote:
The point is that the engine management system/computer is still
monitoring these functions and the computer programming has more inbuilt
knowledge about the parameters being monitored than the average driver
ever had.

My car now even has a message coming up on the dash if the fluid in the
windscreen washer bottle is getting low and I'm guess I would get a
similar message if the oil pressure was low or the engine was running
over temperature.

I'm not really sure we need a sophisticated computer to tell you the
windscreen washers are running low on fluid? After all many cars have told
you about the fuel running low for quite a few years. ;-)

--
*Would a fly without wings be called a walk?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.