Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tricky Dicky[_4_] Tricky Dicky[_4_] is offline

Default Hedghog Highways, fencer failed to make

On Sunday, April 25, 2021 at 12:33:56 PM UTC+1, Brian Gaff (Sofa) wrote:
OK I need some suggestions. I asked the person building my new fence to make
a couple of hedgehog highways in the base, but he forgot, and I could not
see this till somebody sighted came around. He says now its too late as the
concrete Gravel boards are now cemented in, even though the fence panels can
of course be pulled out. So Should I try to dig little tunnels under the
concrete about 6 inches deep and line them with something to create them? I
don't really want to try to cut the concrete gravel boards, and then rejoin
them with brackets or something as for a start it will not last and secondly
a lump of angle iron on the bottom of the fence will look awful, and rust
way.

Anyone done this after a fence with a cement gravel board is built?
Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!

Might be easier to cut out of the timber panel and build a hedgehog size ramp up to the hole.

Richard