Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris Green Chris Green is offline

Default MDPE fittings, the good the bad and the ugly

Roger Hayter wrote:
[snip]

Pushing the MDPE pipe into the standard O-ring sealed fittings
seems more difficult than it should be, I've not found it so
difficult before, am I getting feebler (probably) or is there
something I can do to make it easier?

I guess it's mostly down to less accessibility than I've had on
previous occasions, slightly too big Floplast inserts and a mixture of
brands of fittings.

Any advice or comiserations would be very welcome! :-)

Did you use silicone spray, and chamfer the tube ends a bit?

I've started using silicone spray as I had a can on the shelf, it does
seem to help a bit but I've not had to use it before. I've not been
chamfering either, it shouldn't be necessary should it really? I'm
using a 'knife type' pipe cutter so the ends are very clean with no
burrs.

--
Chris Green
ยท