Posted to uk.d-i-y
Spike[_6_] Spike[_6_] is offline

Default OT: Local politics, opposition?

On 24/04/2021 17:56, T i m wrote:
Spike wrote:
On 24/04/2021 12:08, T i m wrote:

I *knew* there was little chance of be being able to come up with a
sufficiently balanced / big-picture overview of our position within
the EU

What special powers - apart from having halls a brain - made you 'know'
such a thing?

I'm guessing that was supposed to be 'half' up there, as you were so
excitedly trying to get the little jibe in?

Nope, it's just a typo, unlike repeatedly using a non-word like 'councilor'.

As to the question, given *NONE OF US* currently know if leaving the
EU is going to be the 'good thing' we were promised by the fanatic
Leavers, anyone who voted Leave did so as a gamble (hence what appears
to you as my 'super power').

By the same token, *NONE OF US* currently know if staying in the
EU would have been the 'good thing' we were promised by the fanatic
Remainers, anyone who voted Remain, or spoiled their paper did so as a
gamble. The dreadful fiasco of the EU killing its own people via its
glacial approach to vaccination suggests we were well out of it.

At least voting remain was a call to
continue with what we were doing at the time, *including* however that
might change in the future and if it changed to the detriment of 'most
people', we *could* do something about it then.

But that's exactly the point we got to when the Referendum was held!

The popularity of the EEC/EC/EU fell from 66 percent in favour to 52
percent against in ~40 years. We had reached the point where we could
'do something about it', and did!

You are living through precisely the scenario you mentioned, so you
should be proud you saw it coming, and prepared so hard for for it...not.

--
Spike