Posted to uk.d-i-y
Fredxx[_4_] Fredxx[_4_] is offline

Default OT: Local politics, opposition?

On 24/04/2021 11:57, Spike wrote:
On 23/04/2021 09:23, T i m wrote:

snip

Nope, just not willing to toss a coin on something so important. You
aren't tossing a coin because you *know* the right thing to do. You
*know* because of your bias, bigotry, racism or some 'cause' that
means there are no alternatives options. You do remember that nearly
as many who voted Leave, actually voted remain and as many again who
didn't vote at all. So, those 2/3rds were all wrong to you I'm
guessing, because they didn't do what you did?

That's rich, coming from a vegan who didn't know that the EU cheap-meat
subsidy is 800 bucks per cow.

I wasn't aware it was of this level.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common...ultural_Policy

Confirms in 2000 "the average dairy cow in the year 2000 under the
European Union received $913 in subsidies annually, while an average of
$8 per human being was sent in aid to Sub-Saharan Africa".

I never liked the Common Agricultural Policy, nor saw the point of food
subsidies in a continent full of obese people.