Posted to uk.d-i-y
Fredxx[_4_] Fredxx[_4_] is offline

Default OT: Local politics, opposition?

On 23/04/2021 10:54, T i m wrote:
On Fri, 23 Apr 2021 09:49:50 +0100, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

snip

T i m is suffering from a very common complaint. It's called Realism. It
is the utter and total conviction that the way you see the world, is in
fact the actual world, and not just your personal image of it.

Oh the irony! This is coming from a left brainer who lives in a
basement!

To a Realist, Veganism is a thing that *actually exists*, on a par with
pebbles.

We all know 'Pebbles' is a cartoon character. Veganisn actually exists
and has been around for a very long time with many million people
round the world you still have empathy, compassion and benevolence who
put the suffering of others over their own selfish and indoctrinated
desires.

You do realise that 'pebbles' was written without a capital letter, so
only a fanatic vegan could possibly think this was a name.

https://www.bridgetohealth.co.uk/blo...s-for-dyslexia

As a Transcendental Idealist, Veganism is just a word, which may or may
not more or less accurately represent something in a Real World, which
is in itself somewhat of a supposition, based on inadequate data...

Wow. I didn't think it was possible to put that much compete and utter
BS into a paragraph!

Ok, let's make it very simple for you.

We don't need to eat animals or consumes their excretions or exploit
them in any other way.

We do to maintain a natural balanced diet.

Therefore, some people choose not to do that, not only to align their
morals with their actions

That is a personal choice, but like religion is best not foisted upon
others or abusing others who aren't vegans, fanatic or otherwise.

(few meat eaters could kill livestock
themselves or would eat a cat or dog),

Quite. It's dependent on culture and tradition.

but improve their own health,

It doesn't, that is the issue here. We are adapted to eat meat, and
dependent on this source of natural B12.

You give your dogs meat, so you must recognise the need for a natural
balanced diet.

reduce resource consumption, reduce pollution and environmental damage
but most importantly, not take what was never ours in the first place.

So, replace 'vegan' with 'not hurting and exploiting animals' and try
justifying it with yer bs again.

Then you are no vegan. You admit to not caring about animal welfare
whilst alive, but just don't want us to eat them when dead. You're
simply envious we're allowed to eat meat.

Oh, and spare me the 'I have canine teeth', or 'we need to eat meat to
survive' as they are both BS for the vast majority of the worlds
population in 2021.

Successful developed countries consume the most meat. It's the
difference between surviving and 'living'.

ALL of the science is pointing us towards a 'plant based diet'

No it doesn't. Dieticians regularly write about vegan diets lacking some
vital consumption the body needs. Only a fanatic vegan would make such
an unsubstantiated claim.

and the
logical conclusion to that is undoing of the cognitive dissonance that

There is no cognitive dissonance amongst most meat eaters. There is
amongst vegans who own pets and feed them meat.

Fanatical veganism and pet ownership are an oxymoron.

we have been conditioned into from the time when the alternative
choices were fewer,

Not only conditions, but through evolution we have evolved to require
meat as part of our natural diet and consume milk in adulthood.

the population much much smaller and our
understanding of what we *will* need to do to feed the world
population.

No we don't. World population is self limiting. The greater the
population the greater the damage to the environment. Why would you want
the population to grow?

That doesn't include feeding more livestock than humans,
food grown on land that can grow human consumable food instead and us
trying to get the value of that food (and other 'commodities') from
slaughtering billions of animals every year.

So not longer trillions! Will it be millions next?