Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Air vents under conservatory cost

On 23/04/2021 15:15, PaulJoe wrote:

The house I'm moving into needs air vents adding under the conservatory
to ventilated the suspended flooring in the ground floor. Can anyone
give me an estimate of cost please?

Well when I needed to add some under floor ventilation here is cost me
about £3 / air brick and probably 10 mins work each.

It'll obviously need the con floor
lifting and replacing. Thanks!

Why obviously? Normally air brick style vents are fitted from the outside.

Typically you would remove a brick, then mortar in a vent in its place.

Depending on the outside wall finish you may be able to take out a whole
brick with a brick removing chisel, or if rendered etc, just chop in the
perimeter with an angle grinder, and then use a chisel bit in a SDS to
knock out the waste.

--
Cheers,

John.