Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Derek Chauvin- found guilty

On Fri, 23 Apr 2021 14:24:12 -0500, Jim Joyce
wrote:

On Fri, 23 Apr 2021 09:08:46 -0300, Shadow wrote:

On Fri, 23 Apr 2021 06:29:12 -0400, Rapida Muerte
wrote:

slight snip

George was caught trying to pass counterfeit bills.

Or maybe the shop owner switched the notes. Remember Chauvin
KNEW the victim and had a grudge against him. It was NOT a "random"
arrest. He also knew about the victim's claustrophobia, which was a
running joke where they BOTH worked. I think it was a setup from the
start. Pre-meditated murder.

What do you think a street drug dealer would do to you if you tried to use fake money to buy some drugs?

When people start comparing "what would a street drug dealer
do" with "what would a policeman do" it's long past the time to reform
the whole police force.
IMHO.
[]'s

Very well said, thanks. The concept of "protect and serve" went out the
window back in the 50's but I'd like to see it come back*. Since then, cops
have given themselves all kinds of powers that they only have because
people are too scared or ignorant to speak up.

When a conversation with a cop goes like this, you know there's a problem.
"Get out of the car!"
"Why?"
"Because I said so!"

*Thinking out loud, maybe there could be a program to restore policing to
what it used to be, to what it should be, and the program could be called
"Make America Great Again." Has that slogan been taken?

I think you are waxing lyrically about something that didn't exist.
Cops were pretty nasty in the 50 and early 60s too. That was why we
got things like Miranda.
People were nicer to cops then ... or more afraid of them if you were
black.
Do I have to remind you of Chaney, Goodman, and Schwerner (pretty
close to where you are now as I recall)