Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT. Postal Service as Spies

On Fri, 23 Apr 2021 04:03:04 -0700 (PDT), trader_4
wrote:

On Thursday, April 22, 2021 at 6:54:56 PM UTC-4, Wade Garrett wrote:
On 4/22/21 4:30 PM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
The USPS is monitoring social media. Unconstitutional? Illegal? Maybe just another example of mission creep.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/the-postal-service-is-running-a-running-a-covert-operations-program-that-monitors-americans-social-media-posts-160022919.html

Be better if they deployed all that staff instead to processing and
delivering the mail. I believe that is what the post office's mission
is, eh what?

My mail sometimes comes as late as 8:15 PM with the usual complement of
two or three mis-delivered mailpieces per month.

--
Name one time in human history when the group seeking to ban books and
censor speech were the good guys. I'll wait...

It's ridiculous that the USPS has resources on this, when they are losing money,
closing facilities, instituting cuts on service, etc. Even if they had no problems,
there is no justification I see for this.

Meanwhile I sent two small first class mail items in the past week that are
supposed to have tracking. One I put into a USPS blue mailbox outside the
library, the other in the mailbox outside a local post office. Neither shows
any tracking. One has been just over a week, the other several days now.
It's not unusual for mail not to scan at first. Sometimes it takes a day or two
and then it shows up somewhere along it's way and then tracks from there.
But I've never seen this before.

A friend of mine sent his income tax to the IRS back in January, paid for return
receipt/delivery confirmation service. Tracking shows it got there, but he never
got a receipt back showing it, like he paid for. And so far the IRS doesn't show
they have it either.

I am not sure the IRS even honors return receipt mail.
I never got a receipt and that was years ago before we started
thinking the mail was bad.

OTOH I sent a Priority package to the wilds of Northern Michigan that
has always taken an extra day and it got there in 4 days, one being
Sunday. (In my mailbox on Thursday, delivered on Monday)