Posted to uk.d-i-y
Fredxx[_4_] Fredxx[_4_] is offline

Default OT: Local politics, opposition?

On 23/04/2021 10:13, T i m wrote:
On Fri, 23 Apr 2021 06:15:34 +0100, Richard
wrote:

On 21/04/2021 18:01, T i m wrote:
On Wed, 21 Apr 2021 07:01:23 -0700 (PDT), whisky-dave
wrote:

snip crazy stuff, mostly unread

Good of you to snip the crazy stuff, much appreciated.
Unfortunately Dave and John's rational thoughts were snipped too.
Perhaps you could take more care in future.

Oh how I laughed, I thought my trousers would never dry!

I can believe you:
https://academic.oup.com/biomedgeron.../9/M583/584669

Now, 'Richard', any chance of you having a go at answering the actual
question?

I'll re-state it so you won't be 'confused' like the other trolls.

Would a councilor from an opposition party who represented one ward
out of the rest who were under the control of a single party, have any
more power 'as opposition' than those candidates who didn't gain a
seat (or whatever it's called in Local elections)?

Generally yes when coming up to an election. The last thing an incumbent
councillor will want to provide is ammunition for the opposition.

Do representatives from the other parties still turn up to important
meetings?

Why don't you ask the opposition councillor in mind? How will anyone
else know?

Thanks for playing.

Is everything a game for you? That's nice.