Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Ralph Mowery[_3_] Ralph Mowery[_3_] is offline

Default DMM

In article ,
says...

Does Fluke make any that sell below $100 ?

Used, perhaps.

And it would depend on the use and the need. My fluke, purchased new over 20 years ago, meets my needs nicely. But it is strictly for hobby purposes, and the occasional bit of troubleshooting around the house and various appliances and such. However, I very much appreciate that it is an accurate and reliable device, and made in

the USA.

If one wishes to purchase a used DMM of any nature, please be sure that you are able to kick the tires prior to purchase. The better the scope, the more than might be wrong with it.

Fluke sells a few meters for under $ 100. I am not sure of the quality
or how accurate they are. When buying a meter you need to know what
features and how accurate you want them to be. If I don't care about
much accuracery , I often just grab my old Simpson 260 analog meter.

I have 2 of the Fluke 87 meters that cost several hundred each. I also
have a few of the 'free' Harbor Freight meters that are in various
places around the house. They are good enough for some testing.

There does seem to be a few meters around that are good enough for the
hobbist and home owner.