Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT: Local politics, opposition?

On Thursday, 22 April 2021 at 19:19:46 UTC+1, Caecilius wrote:
On Wed, 21 Apr 2021 05:59:54 -0700 (PDT), whisky-dave
wrote:

https://metro.co.uk/2015/05/09/voter...ry-mp-5188845/
I did wonder what the person spoiling his paper intented.

I'm betting he didn't want to vote tory, but I can't be sure.

I was surprised by the level of detail in the artistic rendition on
the ballot paper as shown in the Metro link you provided ... until I
read the caption below the picture which read "What the ballot paper
penis may have looked like".

Sounds like someone at the paper was asked to draw an "artists'
impression" of the spoilt paper!

I had heard that the penis had been completely in the box so was counted as a vote for that councillor.
If it had been partly drawn outside then it wouldn't get counted.

But I'm not sure if pubic hair is counted as part of the penis either, or wheather the ballot
paper was allowed to be shown publicly so I wasn;t really sure whether the metro
had an artistic licence to draw a penis to simulate what it might have looked like.

But the FACT was that the returning officer at the polling station counted theb penis draw in the box as a vote,
and I don;t think anyone really kn ows whether that was the voters intention.
At a guess I'd say NO