Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andrew[_22_] Andrew[_22_] is offline

Default I want to know

On 23/04/2021 11:38, GB wrote:
On 23/04/2021 10:45, Brian Gaff (Sofa) wrote:
What is a platypus Anchor? As one is going to be used on a wall near
me to
hold it up with some props until the conservation mob decide what to
do with
it. Personally, to me it looks like it needs to be removed and the
foundation remade and rebuilt again. I don't see what you can do with
an old
wall that is in that condition on a listedÂ* building boundary.
Â* Brian

I think there is more that can be done, provided that expense is no
problem. You can see that with the leaning tower of Pisa. They seem
reluctant to demolish the old campanile and build a new one.

Although it's unusual to go to such trouble with a garden wall, could
they underpin it? Whilst doing that, they could perhaps try to rotate it
more towards the vertical.

There's the Pitt Arch on Hampstead Heath, which dates from 1750. It's
been undermined by a tree which must be almost as old, and the Heath
authorities have simply installed a permanent steel prop to hold it (the
arch) up.

https://www.arcgis.com/sharing/rest/...168__w1920.jpg

There's really no end to what can be done with other people's money.

Like spend tens of thousands of pounds to give fast(er) broadband
to people who chose to live in the middle of nowhere.