Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default OT: Local politics, opposition?

On Fri, 23 Apr 2021 09:49:50 +0100, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

snip

T i m is suffering from a very common complaint. It's called Realism. It
is the utter and total conviction that the way you see the world, is in
fact the actual world, and not just your personal image of it.

Oh the irony! This is coming from a left brainer who lives in a
basement!

To a Realist, Veganism is a thing that *actually exists*, on a par with
pebbles.

We all know 'Pebbles' is a cartoon character. Veganisn actually exists
and has been around for a very long time with many million people
round the world you still have empathy, compassion and benevolence who
put the suffering of others over their own selfish and indoctrinated
desires.

As a Transcendental Idealist, Veganism is just a word, which may or may
not more or less accurately represent something in a Real World, which
is in itself somewhat of a supposition, based on inadequate data...

Wow. I didn't think it was possible to put that much compete and utter
BS into a paragraph!

Ok, let's make it very simple for you.

We don't need to eat animals or consumes their excretions or exploit
them in any other way.

Therefore, some people choose not to do that, not only to align their
morals with their actions (few meat eaters could kill livestock
themselves or would eat a cat or dog), but improve their own health,
reduce resource consumption, reduce pollution and environmental damage
but most importantly, not take what was never ours in the first place.

So, replace 'vegan' with 'not hurting and exploiting animals' and try
justifying it with yer bs again.

Oh, and spare me the 'I have canine teeth', or 'we need to eat meat to
survive' as they are both BS for the vast majority of the worlds
population in 2021.

ALL of the science is pointing us towards a 'plant based diet' and the
logical conclusion to that is undoing of the cognitive dissonance that
we have been conditioned into from the time when the alternative
choices were fewer, the population much much smaller and our
understanding of what we *will* need to do to feed the world
population. That doesn't include feeding more livestock than humans,
food grown on land that can grow human consumable food instead and us
trying to get the value of that food (and other 'commodities') from
slaughtering billions of animals every year.

Cheers, T i m